Friday, September 15, 2006

Post Conference - San Antonio

Friday, September 15, 2006
The conference is over. By all accounts, it was a success! What a relief!

San Antonio has been fun. The people are friendly. The weather has been warm. And the River Walk section was great to see up close and in person.

The first impression I got of San Antonio was “it’s HUGE.” Flying into town on Tuesday night, I could see the city lights stretching from horizon to horizon. I never realized how spread out the city is. The breadth of the city reminded me of Los Angeles, although not as hilly.

My flight home is schedule for 5:30 PM on Saturday. But I’m going to head over to the airport to see if I can catch an earlier flight. I want to avoid getting stuck at Chicago O’Hare airport again.

Getting delayed at the airport was the biggest complaint conference attendees had. Many got stuck at O’Hare.

I am staying at the Wyndham St. Anthony hotel this evening. Trip Advisor reviewers gave the hotel a low rating. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but have been pleasantly surprised. This is an older hotel. But I received a room on the top floor. The room is comfortable overall. The walls are a bit thin. I can hear the guy in the adjacent room watching football, through the connecting door. And the bathroom is really dated. It looks like a throwback to the 1950s.

San Antonio is hopping this weekend. Texas A&M and Army are playing football on Saturday. Fans from both schools have come in to watch the game. Plus, the San Antonio Jazz Festival starts on Saturday.

I’m ready for bed. I was up late last night putting the finishing touches on my privacy presentation this morning. The presentation went better than I expected. And I am very satisfied with the results.

No comments: