Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hotel Review: The Wyndham St. Anthony, San Antonio, TX

I stayed at the Wyndham for one night in room 1074.

The Good:
Impressive lobby
Classic-looking hotel
Comfortable 4 Post bed
Two blocks from River Walk

The Bad:
Old-style bathroom fixtures.
No bathroom counter space
Bathroom tiles were grimy
Shower water pressure was very weak.
Water temperature moderated from warm to luke-warm
Thin walls
I could hear the television through the walls from neighbors on either side of me. One guy was watching football highlights. The other guy was watching a horror show.
When one neighbor opened and closed his bathroom door, it sounded like he was in my room.
A door bell box is mounted around the hotel room door peep-hole. In order to use the peep hole, you have to remove the door bell assembly cover.
There were a few shady characters and people asking for money in the vicinity of the hotel.

Overall, I give the hotel 3 out of 5 stars. I would not choose to stay at this hotel again. There are a number of other hotels in downtown San Antonio, and given the choice, I would have picked another option.

I got the hotel through Priceline with a winning bid of $80, or $102 including taxes and fees. Checking the account information via the hotel television, I noticed Wyndham charged $92 for the room. I feel I got my money’s worth. Hotel rooms were in short supply in the city due to the Texas A&M v. Army football game and the jazz festival.

No comments: