Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hotel Review: Hilton Palacio Del Rio, San Antonio, TX

I stayed at the Hilton, Room 618 for a conference.

The Good:
• Comfortable room
• Couch included
• Two bottles of water provide each day
• Soft, body-length bath towels provided
• Two bath robes provided
• Relatively quiet. I only heard people through the door, as they walked by.
• Nice meeting room facilities.
• Hotel staff were very responsive to conference planning and attendee needs.
• Great location - On the River Walk, across the street from the convention center, one block away from the Alamo and the River Center mall.

The Bad:
• The hotel room floor sloped downwards, away from the door. At first, I felt like my equilibrium was playing tricks on me, as I was readjusting to being on the ground after flying all day. But the floor actually slopes. One explanation I heard is the hotel was disassembled in one location and reassembled in its current location.
• I felt my room was a bit small. My colleagues had the same-size rooms, though.

4 out of 5 stars. I am a Hilton Honors Silver member, and believe I received an upgraded room. One colleague got a room without a couch, and did not get two bottles of water each day. I would stay at this hotel again, and would recommend it to others.

No comments: